If you have an indoor antenna and experience problematic reception every now or then, it may be time to upgrade. It’s a fact: indoor antennas seldom match their rooftop counterparts unless you are in an excellent reception area. An outdoor antenna installed to the rooftop will serve you better in the long run. Compared to the time you and your family spend watching TV, it’s a prudent investment.
Problems can still persist even if you have an expensive outdoor antenna system. Before calling an installer, here are some DIY tips:
- Wires/Cabling can often play culprit. Check for loose connectors as they can make the picture drop in and out. If everything is in place, look at the connector pins – if the connector pins are corroded, you’ll need to have them replaced with new ones.
- • Bad weather and strong winds may have knocked your antenna off alignment. It’s advisable not to try it manually as you may loose whatever signal you may be getting. It’s best to get an expert out who can realign your antenna using a signal strength meter.
- You can get a signal booster which amplifies a signal before sending it to your TV. Boosters are a probable fix to some reception problems but they aren’t foolproof. If you boost the signal excessively, you can actually worsen the picture.
- Check that your booster (if you have one) is switched on at the power point.
If you’ve been unable to find the issue or want to spare yourself the trouble, call your local Jim’s Antennas technician on 1300 733 093.
It doesn’t matter if you don’t know what kind of television antenna you currently have, or if it’s damaged or needs complete replacement. A Jim’s Antennas specialist will be able to repair your current TV aerial or recommend a suitable replacement.
Specialising in a range of quality digital antenna systems, your local Jim’s Antennas technicians will conduct a free signal test at your premises before providing you with a no-obligation quote on the best antenna for your reception needs.
Jim’s Antennas can help with:
- New antenna systems
- Repairs to your existing antenna
- Diagnosis of reception problems
- Cabling of new houses at lock-up stage
- Antennas to shared housing (units, dual occupancy)
- Digital antenna systems for commercial premises
- FM Radio antennas
Benefits of using Jim’s Antennas:
- Up to 5 Year Warranty
- Antennas are Digital TV-ready
- Australian made
- All cables are digital-ready
So it doesn’t matter if you live in an apartment, a unit, a townhouse or a house, in the city or along the suburbs – a Jim’s Antenna professional can take a look and advise you on the best solution for your needs.
Call us today on 1300 733 093 and we’ll give you a no obligation-free onsite quote. There are so many great Freeview stations available with digital television that there’s absolutely no need to put up with poor reception any longer!
We’re also fully insured and all our products come with leading warranties. Don’t risk a dodgy installation and call us today to enjoy great television reception!