If you have an indoor antenna and experience problematic reception every now or then, it may be time to upgrade. It’s a fact: indoor antennas seldom match their rooftop counterparts if you happen to stay in a poor reception area. A rooftop antenna will serve you better in the long run even if you spend more on a bigger brand. Compared to your family’s telly viewing time, it’s a prudent investment.
But problems can persist even if you have an expensive outdoor antenna system. Before calling an installer, here are some DIY tips:
- Wires often play culprit. Check for loose connectors as they can make the picture appear less clear. If everything is in place, look at the connector pins – if the connector pins are corroded, you’ll need to cut them off and get new ones.
- Change your antenna’s position and orientation. It’s advisable not to try it manually as you may loose whatever signal you may be getting. Buy a motorized rotator with which you can alter the antenna’s location without climbing onto the roof.
- You can get a signal booster which amplifies a signal before sending it to your TV. Boosters are a probable fix to reception problems but they aren’t foolproof. If you boost the signal excessively, you can actually worsen the picture.
But if you want to spare yourself the trouble, call Jim’s Antennas right away.
It doesn’t matter if you don’t even know what kind of television antenna you currently have, or if it’s damaged or needs complete replacement. A Jim’s Antennas specialist will be able to repair your current TV aerial or recommend a suitable replacement.
Specialising in a range of quality digital antenna systems, our technicians will conduct a free signal test at your premises before providing you with a no-obligation quote on the best antenna for your reception needs.
Jim’s Antennas can help with:
- New antenna systems
- Repairs to your existing antenna
- Diagnosis of reception problems
- Cabling of new houses at lock-up stage
- Antennas to shared housing (units, dual occupancy)
- Digital antenna systems for commercial premises
- FM Radio antennas
Benefits of using Jim’s Antennas:
- Up to 5 Year Warranty
- Antennas are Digital TV-ready
- Australian made
- All cables are digital-ready
So it doesn’t matter if you live in an apartment, a unit, a townhouse or a house, in the city or along the suburbs – a Jim’s Antenna professional can take a look and advise you on the best solution for your needs.
Call us today on 1300 733 093 and we’ll give you an obligation-free quote. There are so many great freeview stations available with digital television that there’s absolutely no need to put up with poor reception any longer!
We’re also fully insured and all our products come with leading warranties. Don’t risk a dodgy installation and call us today to enjoy great television reception!