The Government of Australia is undertaking significant measures to ensure that the ‘digital’ switchover is achieved smoothly. Analog TV signals will be pulled out from every single region of Australia, by December 3, as per government’s notice. So, if you want to enjoy Freeview channels, you have to welcome the shift.
And yes, in order to enjoy uninterrupted viewing, you also need to replace your analog antenna with a digital aerial, which is a necessity to say the least..
Why should you opt for a digital antenna when you already own a digital TV?
Assuming that you are not familiar with the functionalities of digital TV aerials, here’s what such antennas can do for you:
- No more reception problems: Those fuzzy, pixelated pictures that you experience often, is because of your analog antenna. Understand this, such outdated aerials are poor signal receptors. And this is where digital TV antennas excel. They are resistant to signal disturbances, thereby allowing to watch your favourite channels without slightest of interruption.
- Enhanced audio/visual quality: Don’t you get irritated by the buzzing sound coming out of your TV speakers, whenever there is a mild storm? If your speaker is in perfect condition, then blame your analog aerial for the trouble. To avoid such issues, consult an antenna installation service provider and set up a digital aerial on your roof top!
You already have a digital antenna, yet you are not able to receive the desired picture quality? If such a situation crops up, then you can take the following measures:
- Check whether your TV aerial’s performance is hindered by birds
- Ensure that the aerial is not faulty
- If you have a UHF aerial, ensure that its coated properly
Consult expert antenna installers to get rid off such problems. Such technicians can fit bird spikes that deter birds from landing on your TV antenna. They will also advise you are investing in a quality aerial.